Cabinet and Lead Member Appointments
Decision Maker: Full Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Details of revised Cabinet and Lead Member
In moving a report on Cabinet and Lead Member appointments, County Councillor Geoff Driver announced the following changes, effective immediately:
- The appointment of County Councillor Keith Iddon as Deputy Leader of the County Council (in addition to Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport).
- The appointment of County Councillor Albert Atkinson as Cabinet Member for Technical Services, Rural Affairs and Waste Management.
- The appointment of County Councillor Phillippa Williamson as Cabinet Member for Children, Young People and Schools.
- The appointment of County Councillor Jayne Rear as Lead Member for Young People.
- The appointment of County Councillor David Foxcroft as Champion for Young People.
- Changes to the scheme of delegation to Cabinet Members.
Resolved: - That:
(i) The changes to membership of the Cabinet, portfolios and Lead Member and Champion appointments, now presented, be noted.
(ii) The Director of Corporate Services be authorised to make any consequential changes to the county council's Constitution.
Report author: Dave Gorman
Date of decision: 23/05/2019
Decided at meeting: 23/05/2019 - Full Council