Pension service administration update
Decision Maker: Lancashire Local Pension Board
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in by Scrutiny)
Is Key decision?: No
To provide an update on the pension
Exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972. It was considered that in all the circumstances of the case the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighed the public interest in disclosing the information.
Jo Darbyshire, the newly appointed Director of Pensions Administration from the Local Pensions Partnership, gave the Board an overview of the pension administration service and an update on performance and stabilisation activity. In considering the report members of the Board recognised the improvements to the service to date and made a number of suggestions for further action.
1. That the Board recognise the improvements to date in relation to performance and stabilisation of the pension administration service of the Local Pensions Partnership.
2. That the Service Level Agreement for the pension administration service be reviewed in order to ensure that it reflects the journey for members of the Fund.
3. That the Director of Pensions Administration consider using the CfA Customer Service Excellence framework to identify examples of best practice, drive customer-focused change, evaluate the quality of the customer experience and steer future improvements of the pension administration service.
4. That the recommendations of the Advisory Group on the pension administration service, as reported to the Board in April 2019, be forwarded to the Director of Pensions Administration for information.
5. That future reporting on the performance of the pension administration service include a clear narrative regarding Key Performance Indicators and compliance with the Service Level Agreement.
6. That the services
available via My Pension Service Online be
publicised and employers engaged in encouraging members of the Fund to sign up to the facility in order to reduce demand on the Contact Centre.
Report author: Paul Dobson
Date of decision: 09/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2019 - Lancashire Local Pension Board