Lancashire County Council (Various Locations, Burnley, Chorley, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Wyre) (Revocation, Amendment to Permit Parking Provisions, Various Parking Restrictions and Electri
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
An Experimental Traffic Regulation Order was introduced to reserve sections of the highway solely for the use of Electric vehicles to wait whilst utilising the charge point facilities that had been provided as part of the council's electric charging infrastructure roll out.
The purpose of the experimental order was to ensure that the bays were available for use by drivers to charge their vehicles and to ensure once the charging is complete the bays were vacated to allow others to use the same facilities. The order was introduced as an experimental provision as these were the first electric charging parking places and it was important to ensure that the bays were of the correct length and the time limits were sufficient to meet driver's needs. Along with the provision of electric vehicle charging bays it has been necessary to make alterations and clarifications to adjacent parking restrictions, including simplifying and tidying up a number of discrepancies that have been identified.
This is deemed to be a Key Decision and the provisions of Standing Order C19 have been complied with.
Cabinet considered a report setting out proposals for the continuation of the Experimental Traffic Regulation Order introducing time limited parking places for electric vehicles on various roads across a number of districts, along with any necessary associated regulations.
Resolved: That the permanent continuation of the Experimental Traffic Regulation Order introducing time limited parking places for electric vehicles (such vehicles needing to be on charge in order to use the parking place) on the various roads within the Burnley, Chorley, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Wyre districts along with any associated regulations necessary to ensure the introduction of the parking places as detailed in the Experimental Traffic Regulation Order (Appendix 'A'), site plans (Appendices 'B' to 'T') and statement of reason (Appendix 'U'), be approved.
Report author: Chris Nolan
Date of decision: 09/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2020 - Cabinet
- Report PDF 54 KB View as DOC (1) 170 KB
- Appendix A Electric Vehicle Experimental Order PDF 9 MB
- Appendix B - Plan1 - Winckley Square Preston PDF 428 KB
- Appendix C - Plan2 - Leyland Library Leyland PDF 372 KB
- Appendix D - Plan3 - Market Street Chorley PDF 493 KB
- Appendix E - Plan4 - Marine Road Central Morecambe PDF 2 MB
- Appendix F - Plan5 - Market Street Preston Street & New Street Carnforth PDF 530 KB
- Appendix G - Plan6 - Kingsway Burnley PDF 708 KB
- Appendix H - Plan7 Albert Street Earby PDF 535 KB
- Appendix I - Plan8 - Ellis Street Barnoldswick PDF 587 KB
- Appendix J - Plan9 - George Street Whalley PDF 367 KB
- Appendix K - Plan10 - King Street Whalley PDF 320 KB
- Appendix L - Plan11 - York Street Clitheroe PDF 188 KB
- Appendix M - Plan12 - St James Street Accrington PDF 435 KB
- Appendix N - Plan13 - Town Hall Street Great Harwood PDF 560 KB
- Appendix O - Plan14 - Hartley Street Oswaldtwistle PDF 429 KB
- Appendix P - Plan 15 - Manchester Road Nelson PDF 608 KB
- Appendix Q - Plan16 - Blackpool Old Road Poulton Le Fylde PDF 2 MB
- Appendix R - Plan17 - North Albert Street Fleetwood PDF 429 KB
- Appendix S - Plan18 - Sandy Lane Skelmersdale PDF 789 KB
- Appendix T - Plan 19 - Ruff Lane Ormskirk PDF 1 MB
- Appendix U Statement of Reason PDF 82 KB View as DOCX (22) 11 KB