Proposed 2017/18 Highway Maintenance, Road Safety and Public Rights of Way New Starts Capital Programme
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
On 9 February 2017 Full Council gave approval for two grants from the Department for Transport (DfT) to be added to the 2017/18 Highways Block of the Capital programme comprising;
- £20.514 million to be used to develop the 2017/18 new starts highway maintenance capital programme.
- £1.718 million from the DfT's £250 million Pothole Action Fund to tackle potholes.
Approval was also given for the DfT Integrated Transport Block annual grant of £6.054million to be added to the 2017/18 Transport block of the Capital programme, providing funding for the following allocations:
- £0.500 million to address road safety issues.
- £0.250 million to address structural repairs on the Public Rights of Way network.
- £0.500 million to address Cycling issues.
A further £0.500 million was approved by Full Council for Road Safety to be funded from the previously approved Parish Buses allocation within the Vehicles Block of the Capital Programme. Proposals to allocate this funding and the Cycling allocation will be presented in future reports.
This report sets out at Appendix 'A' the criteria used to select projects for inclusion in the above new starts programmes. The proposed 2017/18 list of projects is detailed at Appendices 'B' to 'J'.
This is deemed to be a Key Decision and the provisions of Standing Order 25 have been complied with.
County Councillor John Fillis, the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport:
- Approved the criteria for project selection set out at Appendix 'A'
- Approved the proposed 2017/18 list of projects set out at Appendices 'B' to 'J' relating to;
- £20.514 million for highway maintenance
- £0.500 million to address road safety issues
- £0.250 million to address structural repairs on the Public Rights of Way network
- £1.718m Pothole Action funding.
- Approved that further reports including proposals relating to the additional £0.500 million awarded for road safety projects and a draft Cycling Programme be brought forward for consideration in due course.
Date of decision: 13/03/2017
Effective from: 17/03/2017
- Report PDF 111 KB View as DOC (1) 174 KB
- Appendix A PDF 85 KB View as DOCX (2) 132 KB
- Appendix B PDF 107 KB View as DOC (3) 223 KB
- Appendix C PDF 63 KB View as DOC (4) 106 KB
- Appendix D PDF 78 KB View as DOC (5) 92 KB
- Appendix E PDF 54 KB View as DOC (6) 88 KB
- Appendix F PDF 36 KB View as DOC (7) 32 KB
- Appendix G PDF 56 KB View as DOC (8) 88 KB
- Appendix H PDF 47 KB View as DOC (9) 50 KB
- Appendix I PDF 41 KB View as DOC (10) 37 KB
- Appendix J PDF 66 KB View as DOC (11) 74 KB