Issue - meetings
Lancashire Wellbeing Service - Consultation Outcome
Meeting: 13/06/2019 - Cabinet (Item 12)
- Appendix A, item 12 PDF 2 MB View as DOCX (12/2) 2 MB
- Appendix B, item 12 PDF 638 KB View as DOCX (12/3) 475 KB
- Webcast for Lancashire Wellbeing Service - Consultation Outcome
Cabinet considered a proposal to cease the Lancashire Wellbeing Service following a full public consultation, taking into account the consultation responses and Equality Analysis. It was noted that ceasing the service would save £2.010m by 2020/21,
- The cessation of the Lancashire Wellbeing Service by 31 December 2019 be approved.
- Continued support of a Deaf Wellbeing Worker post be approved.
- The development of community based approaches to meet wellbeing needs, recognising the social value of community assets such as green space and local enterprises, utilising some of the one off investment funding proposed as part of the Health Improvement Services item elsewhere on the agenda be supported.
- Multi-agency workforce development through the roll out of the Making Every Contact Count Programme (for signposting and general lifestyle advice); and development of a digital offer, to maximise self-care opportunities afforded by health and wellbeing apps and other social media platforms be endorsed.
- The thanks of Cabinet to the officers who assisted in the production of the report be recorded.