Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 'D' - The Henry Bolingbroke Room, County Hall, Preston. View directions
Contact: Mike Neville Tel: 01772 533431, Email: email@example.com
Apologies for absence were presented on behalf of Mr S Vali, Independent Co-opted member.
Further to the discussion at the last meeting in relation to the sale of police properties the Commissioner reported that as part of the Estate Organisation Review properties in Cliviger, Gisburn and Over Kellet, together with the former Bacup Police Station had all been sold generating total capital receipts of £662,000.
Resolved: That the above update is noted and the Minutes of the meeting held on the 29th January 2013 confirmed as an accurate record and signed by the Chair.
The Commissioner presented a report on the draft Police and Crime Plan and informed the meeting that the Plan represented a strategic overview of his aims and priorities over the next five years and reflected the responses received following consultations with the Chief Constable, the public and partner organisations. Mr Grunshaw stated that he would continue to work with partners in order to develop the Plan in such a way as to be able to deliver on the identified priorities.
When considering the draft Plan the following points were raised by members of the Panel.
· The proposals to develop the role of Special Constables and Volunteers, together with the roll out of a Cadet scheme were all welcomed and the Commissioner reported that whilst budgetary constraints represented a challenge, his consultations with the public had identified protecting frontline policing as a priority.
Reference was made to discussions at previous meetings in relation
to the ongoing joint funding of Police and Community Support
Officers (PCSOs) by local authorities across Lancashire. In
response the Commissioner reiterated his commitment to match fund
those PCSOs who were currently part funded by local authorities,
though he cautioned that whilst he would try to fill many of the
current vacancies for other PCSOs the need to secure further
savings meant he could not give the same commitment in relation to
· Concern was expressed that the draft Plan represented a number of aspirations without providing details of specific measures which would be implemented in order to achieve those aspirations. In response the Chair reminded the members of the Panel of the limited timescale since the election in November in which the Commissioner had been required to prepare a budget and draft Police and Crime Plan. The Commissioner reiterated his previous comments regarding the draft Plan being an overarching strategic document that would develop over time.
Further information was requested in relation to the work done by
the Commissioner and Chief Constable to establish a series of
measures which would enable the Constabulary's performance to be
· As the Commissioner would be working with a number of partner organisations in order to deliver the priorities set out in the draft Plan it was suggested that partners be given clear indications as to what would be required/expected of them. In response the Commissioner reported that he had already met with a number of organisations in the Voluntary, Community ... view the full minutes text for item 3.
An item of urgent business may only be considered under this heading where, by reason of special circumstances to be recorded in the Minutes, the Chairman of the meeting is of the opinion that the item should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency. Wherever possible, the Secretary to the Panel should be given advance warning of any Member's intention to raise a matter under this heading.
There were no items of urgent business for discussion at the meeting.
Date of Next Meeting.
The next scheduled meeting of the Police and Crime Panel will be held at 10.00am on the 13th March 2013 in Meeting Room 'A' at the Town Hall, King William Street, Blackburn.
The Chair reported that the next scheduled meeting would be held on the 13th March 2013 at the Town Hall in Blackburn and suggested that the subsequent meeting in July be held in Blackpool.
1. It was noted that the next meeting of the Panel would be at 10.00am on the 13th March 2013 in Meeting Room 'A' at the Town Hall, King William Street, Blackburn.
2. That arrangements be made for the meeting on the 8th July 2013 to be held at the Town Hall in Blackpool.