Overview and Scrutiny Work Programme 2020/21
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
A draft copy of a combined work programme for all of the Lancashire County Council scrutiny committees was presented to the committee, alongside the committee work programme for 2019/20. Members were asked to discuss potential topics for addition on to the programme, including those that had been deferred from 2019/20.
Members made the following comments:
· The item for Health Scrutiny Committee: 'supporting the social care sector including domiciliary care workers' would benefit from more precise wording and detail to ensure robust scrutiny and positive critical challenge. Members wanted more clarity regarding whether the item was referencing how health services were working together with the social care sector to boost the quality of support.
It was confirmed that the development of the items was a member led process and it was a committee decision as to how the review be conducted.
· In these uncertain times it would be beneficial if the combined work programme be flexible for the inclusion of any urgent items that may arise. In addition it was requested that there be an opportunity for members of the Health Scrutiny Committee to provide input to Scrutiny Officers alongside Scrutiny Chairs when developing the programme and identifying appropriate methods of scrutiny.
· Concern was expressed that there were outstanding items from the last meeting and that the topic of NHS estate adequately supporting neighbourhood working was not on the combined plan
· Additional questions and suggested topics for potential inclusion in the work programme regarding social care and test and trace would be shared with the Scrutiny Officer outside of the meeting.
- The development and delivery of the combined Scrutiny Committee Work Programme and identification of appropriate methods of scrutiny, be delegated to the Scrutiny Officers in consultation with the Scrutiny Chairs and input from any member.
- The current Health Scrutiny Committee work programme (2019/20) be temporarily suspended and for this to be kept under review.
Date of decision: 30/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 30/06/2020 - Health Scrutiny Committee