Bowgreave Rise Residential Care Home
As outlined in the Housing with Care and Support Strategy (2018-2025), the county council is seeking to increase the housing and care options available to Lancashire residents by developing more affordable extra care schemes for older people and supported housing apartments for younger adults with disabilities.
This report sets out the specific proposals for replacing the county council's care home, Bowgreave Rise, with a new residential care home able to meet the needs of people living with dementia and a new extra care scheme.
Bowgreave Rise is an older person's residential care home in Garstang, Wyre, which is owned by the county council and managed and operated by the Adult's Older People's Services.
This report covers the following:
- Analysis of the feedback from the recent consultation on the initial proposals for an extra care scheme in the grounds of Bowgreave Rise.
- Analysis of the estimated prevalence of dementia and current levels of care provision for people with dementia within Wyre.
- Options and recommendations in
relation to the procurement, funding, delivery and operation of
facilities to be provided on the Bowgreave site.
This is deemed to be a Key Decision and the provisions of Standing Order C19 have been complied with.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £1,700,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Divisions affected: Wyre Rural East;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 05/08/2020
Anticipated restriction: Part I -
Decision due: 3 Sep 2020 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Adult Services
Lead director: Executive Director of Adult Services and Health & Wellbeing
- 03/09/2020 - Bowgreave Rise Residential Care Home
- 03/09/2020 - Cabinet Bowgreave Rise Residential Care Home 03/09/2020