The Property Strategy - Responses to Consultation
- Meeting of Executive Scrutiny Committee, Tuesday, 6th September, 2016 2.00 pm (Item 4c)
- View the background to item 4c
County Councillor Alyson Barnes declared a non-pecuniary interest in this item as a trustee of the Crawshawbooth Community Association. County Councillor Jackie Oakes declared a non-pecuniary interest as a trustee of Whitewell Bottom Community Association.
The committee considered a report on the outcomes of the consultation in relation to the proposals agreed on 12 May 2016 regarding the Council's Property Strategy.
It was noted that, following the consultation, the proposal in respect of 28 properties had been changed from the initial proposals, and a summary was circulated to committee members for ease of reference.
The committee received a detailed overview of the proposals and the approach taken from officers, as set out in the detailed report.
In debating the report, the following County Councillors spoke in accordance with Standing Order 19(1): County Councillor Andrea Kay, County Councillor Paul Rigby, County Councillor Alan Schofield, County Councillor Keith Sedgewick, County Councillor Margaret Brindle, County Councillor Chris Henig.
A number of comments were made during the debate in relation to individual properties in a number of areas, and in relation to the process that would now be followed, especially in relation to the management of Expressions of Interest received and the transfer of properties where appropriate. It was noted that no decisions had yet been taken in relation to any next steps, pending the outcome of the Cabinet Decision at the forthcoming meeting. It was confirmed that a further update would be provided to Cabinet based on the issues raised in the debate.
During the debate, it was moved and seconded that ESC request Cabinet defer their decision to enable the creation of district level cross-party working groups to consider the proposals and make recommendations to Cabinet. On being put to the vote, the motion was lost.
It was further moved and seconded that ESC request Cabinet look at keeping a number of the facilities proposed for closure open. On being put to the vote, the motion was lost.
The Committee, following the debate, allowed a further opportunity for comments on a district by district basis.
Resolved:That therecommendations setout inthe reportto Cabinetbe noted,and thatno additional commentsor suggestedalternative recommendationsbe made
- Coveringreport 26 Aug, item 4c PDF 321 KB View as DOC (4c/1) 377 KB
- Appendix A - Consultation Proposals, item 4c PDF 1 MB
- Appendix B - Revised Proposals, item 4c PDF 137 KB View as DOCX (4c/3) 48 KB
- Appendix C - Analysis of Consultation Responses, item 4c PDF 2 MB View as DOCX (4c/4) 1 MB
- Appendix D - District Summary, item 4c PDF 204 KB View as DOCX (4c/5) 72 KB
- Appendix E - Property Consultation CC Families Focus Groups, item 4c PDF 664 KB View as DOC (4c/6) 551 KB
- Appendix F - Premises consultation with young people, item 4c PDF 58 KB View as DOCX (4c/7) 22 KB
- Appendix G - Stakeholder Focus Group Feedback, item 4c PDF 63 KB View as DOCX (4c/8) 29 KB
- Appendix H (Draft Library Strategy for Lancashire), item 4c PDF 237 KB View as DOCX (4c/9) 87 KB
- Appendix I - Library Planning and Needs Assessment, item 4c PDF 2 MB View as DOC (4c/10) 12 MB
- Appendix J - Libraries EA, item 4c PDF 694 KB View as DOCX (4c/11) 511 KB
- Appendix K - WPEH Service EA, item 4c PDF 669 KB View as DOCX (4c/12) 507 KB
- Appendix L (EA Property Strategy), item 4c PDF 3 MB View as DOCX (4c/13) 2 MB
- Appendix M - Library Service consultation – stage one, item 4c PDF 100 KB View as DOCX (4c/14) 54 KB
- Appendix N (WPEH Service Offer and Specification), item 4c PDF 1 MB View as DOCX (4c/15) 898 KB
- Appendix O - Children centres - summary of changes to designation, item 4c PDF 143 KB
- Appendix P - Implementation Timeline, item 4c PDF 86 KB View as DOCX (4c/17) 32 KB
- Appendix Q Respondents Protected Characteristics Data, item 4c PDF 86 KB View as DOCX (4c/18) 44 KB